Saturday, March 25, 2006

I'm Ashamed

I'm ashamed to admit that since December, I have not sent out a single letter or a single thank you card for all the thoughtful gifts we have received between now and then. I didn't send anything out for Christmas, nothing for my birthday and nothing for the arrival of Alyssa. And even worse, I haven't kept track of what we've been given, so I can't make it all up.

So, to those that have sent gifts, please know it isn't because we aren't appreciative. It's because I'm overwhelmed with life. But, things will change. From now on, I will get back on track. We received a gift today... and it will be my first test. Can I actually get a thank you card out - and in timely fashion? We'll have to see. Although it seems like a minor detail, it's an important one to me. We appreciate all the gifts and help we get and it's the least I can do to show our appreciation.

I am slowly working on getting things back together and this is just one small step in the right direction.

No comments: