So anyone that has visited in the past few months knows that Robbie is obsessed with card games. Mainly Go Fish. I have plaed my share of games. I tell him "I don't want to play Go Fish anymore, I'm tired of playing".
Not to be discouraged, my son has come up with new games so that I don't get bored. The new games include Finger to Hand and Hand to Foot. How do you play these games, you ask? Well, think Go Fish, with cards all facing up and rules are flexible and made by Robbie.
This morning shortly after waking up, I was met with Robbie asking for his cards, wanting to play go fish. I hid the cards last night and was not about to subject myself to another entire day of Go Fish... or his many variations. I proudly announced this morning that today is a "no card day". I told him he needed to take a break from cards and find something else to keep him busy today.
Well, half an hour later, he came down from his room with his Dominos. I thought, good... something different. Well, I just finished playing my tenth game of Hand to Domino (think, domino version of Go Fish, Finger to Hand or Hand to Foot)... and I was told several times to play by the rules (uh... I would if I knew what they were).
Is it possible to be smarter than your child? Or should I just give up?
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment