Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It's the little victories that count

I am having a great day! It started off sad with the cancellation of Robbie's play date... but it soon became fabulous! We were getting ready to go swimming, which is our routine now, and I sat Robbie on the toilet. This isn't really for any other reason than to keep him in one place while his diaper is off and I am getting dressed.

But today, he made history... he went pee pee in the potty! (potty song to follow)

Pee Pee in the Potty! He went Pee Pee in the Potty!

Anyhow, that began the great day and it has only improved from there. I just recently set to make lunch. I needed to use some ground turkey in the fridge so I decided to make meatballs. Just one of my frugal attempts at getting Robbie to eat meat. I decided I would put it in a pasta bake smothered in cheese (in the hopes of disguising it if he decided he wasn't eating meatballs). So I get them cooked and everything is in the oven and there are three meatballs left. So I decided to do my part and eat the three meatballs... afterall, it's silly to dirty yet another dish by putting them in a container so they can sit in the fridge forgotten. I stuck one on my fork and began eating it like a corndog.

This apparently appealed to Robbie because soon he was taking bites off the meatball as well and before I knew it we had both eaten the three remaining meatballs! He ate at least one and a half of them as I was trying really hard to take only little bites. The pasta bake is still in the oven and I am sure now that I have disguised them, he won't eat them because they aren't on the fork... and now they have red sauce all over them. But I don't care. I am still a winner in all this. He ate the meatball! And I will get a tasty lunch.

Yeah me!

No comments: