Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I'm cheap and I'm paying for it.

We like to call it frugal or thrifty... but cheap is probably a better word.

I am finding more and more that sometimes, the most cost effective way isn't always the best. I am feeling a bit foolish. We are currently in the process of purchasing a new home... we just sold our other one a few weeks ago and I am less than thrilled with my decision in real estate agents. I wish I had gone with our previous agent. He was great. But instead, I went with the agent I had initially spoken to about the home. She is a buyers agent, which was a plus and she was willing to negotiate her commission (which was the big selling point for me). However, the $2700 that I am saving in commission is probably less than what it is costing me in both frustration and irritation at this point. It isn't a comforting feeling when you feel as if your agent... who you are trusting to get you through the process... is working for everyone other than you. After all, she is supposed to be working on our behalf. I feel like I am getting taken... and at the very least, she's just lazy and doesn't care. Our previous agent, Dave Hale, he at least cared.

So, lesson learned... go with loyalty over savings. I am sure I'd be much happier and we wouldn't be having the issues we are now. I wish I could change agents. Is that possible when we are just over a month from closing? I've already sighed the P&SA... I don't think it's possible.

No comments: