Over the weekend, due to lack of funds, we told Robbie he had to wear big boy underwear during the day. It's just getting a little silly. He knows how to go in the potty, he can do it on his own, he just hasn't felt the need. And up until now, I didn't care. I had enough to worry about. But pull-ups are getting expensive on top of the formula and Alyssa's diapers.
So, I told Robbie there are only pull ups for night time. He took it fairly well considering I didn't give him a choice and we just sprung it on him. He's done well. He was dry all day yesterday. He spent the day with his dad and they did a great job getting him into the bathroom on a regular basis.
I'm very proud of Robbie. I have been asking him all morning, just reminding him that he doesn't have a pull up on... and it seems to be working! I told him I was taking his sister up stairs to get dressed while he was watching Zoboomafoo. While upstairs, I hear the toilet seat. So I go downstairs to see him peeing in the potty all on his own! I don't want to say any more than that, I don't want to jinx the progress we have made. But I'm very proud of my son right now.
Monday, April 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment