Today I have another appointment. This time we will get the results of a test they ran on my last appointment. It will be one of the determining factors as to whether the doctor will be willing to help me along early. I am hopeful as Robbie and I are both pretty miserable.
He's a trooper though... probably because he is getting to watch a lot more t.v. now than I have ever let him watch. He is showing anxieties though...
The other night at dinner I was reading a parenting newsletter I receive and on the front was a picture of a little girl sitting on a chair. She looked sad. My interpretation of the picture was that she was in time out.
Robbie's interpretation however was completely different... it went something like this...
"She is sad because her grandma and mommy and daddy are gone. They are all at the hospital to get the new baby and they left her."
It was a much longer story, but that was the basic idea. It never occured to me that he would think we were going to leave him at home when it was time for the baby to come. So we had the discussion that it was Robbie's baby too and he wasn't going to be left out. Furthermore, we would never just leave him alone. We reassured him that Grandma was coming to see him and that if Grandma wasn't here when the baby came that Cindy and Nicolas were excited to spend time with him while waiting for the baby.
I think he feels a bit better about it as now he will talk about going to the hospital for his baby. We'll see. Just another example of how unprepared we are for this new baby. I am hoping after our doctor appointment we can give Robbie a quick tour of where we will be when the baby comes.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment