Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Everyone's feeling are hurt

I woke up today to the cry of Robbie looking for his momma. Apparently Robbie got up on his own this morning and caught Kasey before he left for work. So Kasey stayed a little later to let me sleep... at some point it must have gone wrong because Robbie came into my room crying about how his daddy hurt his feelings. This would have been fine, but since he couldn't see in the dark, he flipped on the lights. I think that's the most unpleasant way of waking up in the morning.

Anyhow, here's Robbie's story of the events - His daddy hurt his feelings and make him cry. That made him cranky and that wasn't nice to hurt his feelings.

After a little questioning - Robbie wasn't listening to his daddy and his daddy got mad, took away his fork and hurt his feelings. It's not nice to hurt his feelings and his daddy needs to say he's sorry.

Kasey finally comes into the room after allowing Robbie to vent to me for 5 or 10 minutes.

Kasey's story - Robbie was walking around with a fork. He told him to sit down with it and Robbie wasn't listening. So he gave him a warning and ended up taking the fork away.

I didn't know that forks could be such a big deal in the morning. Anyhow, the solution was to point out to his daddy that Robbie's feelings get hurt when he gets mad because his voice changes tones, I explained to Robbie that he hurts his daddies feelings when he doesn't listen to him because he is only trying to keep Robbie safe. In the end, Robbie apologized to Kasey for hurting his feelings and Kasey apologized to Robbie for hurting his feelings. A little hugging happened and all was resolved.

Except, now I was awake!

No comments: