Sunday, January 29, 2006

Is there something in the air?

As we are nearing the arrival date... it seems that here is something in the air. Chewy obviously knows there is something going on. She's even more squirley now then she was before. She's a bit snippy with Robbie (she's always been with me, but she has less patience with Robbie now).

Robbie is anxious. He keeps chewing on things - I don't think it's conscious... he chews on his shirt or his jacket, I caught him chewing on a book and some of his plastic dishes. Today he was out of sorts. I'm hoping it's not like a dog predicting an earthquake. Does he know something we don't? Even though Kasey was home today and we spent the day together as a family, Robbie was cranky. Normally when we are together as a family, he has a great day. Not today! And he didn't want to go to Target! That's like me not wanting to lay in bed.

Then there's Kasey. I think his is coming more from excitement, but it's still unsettling. He's unusually focused on getting things done around the house. Not that he does'nt do a lot around the house, but I think he has an unspoken rule of procrastinating a little before doing anything (don't we all?). But this weekend he's been on fire, even keeping me focused. Because, really, all I want is this baby out.

So there must be something in the air. I'm ready. I want it to be over so we can deal with the aftermath. I don't want Robbie to have to continually anticipate the unknown. Let Chewy get to her final point of sulking. Give Kasey the baby he's been waiting for. And finally, give me back my body! I don't care if it's a painful body, at least I won't have to share it!

No comments: