Okay, my first thought is an epideral - but after that, I'd have to say Sushi Zen. Yummmmm! Last night Kasey and I were weak and took Robbie out to dinner after my doctor appointment. As I did when I was pregnant with Robbie, I crave sushi! Of course then, I didn't even step foot in a sushi restaurant for fear the raw fish fumes would effect the pregnancy (okay, not really, it was more because for me it was all or nothing). Now, I can limit myself to just the cooked sushi - and wow was it good!
I think it was the best sushi I've EVER had! Sushi Lovers back in California was my all time favorite... and it's still up there, certainly for the variety they offer both cooked and raw - but Sushi Zen was delicious! I'm so glad that Robbie and Kasey both like sushi... and I'm glad that Sushi Zen is just down the street... I'm glad that Kasey is weak and will take me to eat sushi when he knows that we should really be eating at home. I am one thankful pregnant person!
So, anyhow, we had everything! We had grilled teriyaki salmon, udon with tempura (we added extra tempura), crunchy california roll drizzled with a sweet teriyaki sauce and a roll of the day that included shrimp tempura and cuccumber rolled together and their special Zen stuffing spread on top - which had a bit of a zip to it and included shrimp, crab and scallops all blended together. It was perfect!
It's the next day and I'm still reliving the yummy dinner. Oh... and more great news! They do take out!!!! I can call an order in and Kasey can pick it up on his way home from work! (At least he could if we could afford to have sushi more than once a year... but it's my fantasy!).
Friday, January 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment