So, I can't sleep... which is obvious if you look at the time of this blog. It's 3:15 in the morning. I have been awake since approximately 2:30. I woke up as usual, but this time when I woke up I had a barrage of random thoughts.
One of which was "shoes". I'm not sure where the memory came from, but it was about Robbie's old love of shoes. When he was younger - funny to say that since he's only 3 - one of his favorite games was "shoes". He was probably around a year old I think, he was just getting comfortable walking. I used to keep his many shoes in a box on one of his shelves. He used to love to pull them out, sometimes match them, sometimes not. He would bring either Kasey or myself a "pair" of shoes and ask to have us put them on him.
The end result was Robbie walking around in shorts, a shirt... and say, his galoshes. Or just a diaper and one bear slipper and one hiking boot. He loved his little game! And yes, we enjoyed it too.
He's always been very creative that way. Of course, now he expresses it in different ways. Here are a few examples of what I mean...
He's been sick for about a week. The last day or two he has regained his energy, especially in the evening, and he is starting to get bored with being home. The other night Kasey and I were still sitting at the table after we all finished eating dinner and Robbie had just gotten down from the table. He had a burst of energy and a sudden desire for our attention. He ran his popper around us, he chased chewy around the table several times, but alas, Kasey and I were still engrossed in our conversation. So Robbie, obviously getting desperate, approaches me... licks my arm... and runs out of the room giggling. Creative... it got our attention!
Then there was tonight. Kasey and Robbie were playing hide and go seek. I was working on sewing and designing a costume. It was Kasey's turn to count and Robbie's turn to hide. Robbie was giggling, standing next to me, when Kasey went off to start counting. As soon as Robbie heard "one", he quickly climbed on the chair I was sitting on, straddled behind me and wrapped his arms around my belly. He decided to hide behind his big momma! If it wasn't for my laughing, he may have fooled his daddy. Creative :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment