Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It's Foggy

I was reading over my last few blogs and I realized they are a little unfocused and they don't quite say things the way I had intended... and I'm blaming it on the "fog". For several days now I have been in one of my "fogs". This one has definitely lasted longer than any other, but it isn't the worse one I have been through.

My judgment has definitely been impaired lately and I'm not thinking real clearly. Yesterday Robbie and I spent the day in the emergency room. Robbie fell from his chair - in which he was sitting correctly (that's his story and he is sticking to it) and hit his head. He ended up with a nice sized open wound (about half and inch, maybe bigger). But when I picked him up from the floor as he was crying, I saw that there was blood on the floor... and perfect timing, I went into one of my fogs. I had no idea what to do - so I did the obvious first thing and wiped up with floor :)

I did check out Robbie's head after I wiped the floor, but I still wasn't thinking clearly on what I should do, so I called Kasey for a little direction. He was not helpful since all he wanted to know was what happened... rather than helping me with direction of what to do. I hung up with him and very calmly assessed the situation. I finally came to the conclusion of taking him to the emergency room. It took about a span of 5 minutes to come to this conclusion. Good thing it wasn't life threatening!

Anyhow, Robbie and I spent two and half hours waiting to get into a room and another hour waiting for the doctor. It took half an hour for them to numb the area (in which time he fell asleep... I was very thankful) and another ten minutes or so for them to staple him shut... all the while I had to pee like crazy! Kasey came about five minutes before the stapling to help hold Robbie down. I think if I had to hold him myself and he kicked me in the bladder (which is his favorite spot), I'd have peed right there on the floor.

So, I forgot the point of my story... oh! The fog... sum it up to say, I'm having a lot of foggy moments these days. Thankfully I leave tomorrow for San Jose. I wonder if getting away will help or make it worse. Who cares, I just need a break!

No comments: