Sunday, April 27, 2008

Life in General

It's been a while since I've posted on this blog. I have many blogs of my own and several that I contribute to... so I'm having to spread the blog love. I mean, really, one can only type so much. But also, I seem to be getting caught up in life and just not necessarily taking the time to record it.

We had snow last weekend. My parents were in town for a craft fair that I was supposed to do. But due to the weather and my health, we opted out. I think it was a good decision, but I'm still sad that we didn't do it. I do have another craft show in a few weeks... and it's inside. I'm fairly certain that one is going to happen.

In contrast, this weekend has been sunny for the most part. Yesterday we went to the beach, then had lunch at Anthony's Woodfire Grill (yum!). Robbie had his normal calamari... after all, it was his request to go there because they have seafood.

The beach was fun. The water was freezing. Lyssie said the waves were too loud and she kept a safe distance from the water. She and her dad walked up a little bit while Robbie and I collected shells in and at the water's edge. I couldn't believe how many abalone shells we found. It seemed odd to me since I had never seen one on that beach before. We also collected some empty barnacles. They are really neat and will make some great textures in clay. I am going to have to get some clay so the kids can do some shell imprints.

Anyhow, all is well. The kids and Kasey are off getting haircuts (Robbie is concerned that his hair is getting long again) while I sit in bed with yet another migraine. I know typing isn't really helping my cause, but I can't get the room pitch dark anyhow... so I might as well be productive.
I'm including a picture of the kids modelling my crowns for me. I have a lot of stock right now and have neglected the shop a bit. So I'm trying to get some pictures so I can list a few things. I'm also excited about a new set of studio lights my dad brought me. Of course, I don't know how to use them yet... but I'm determined to learn. I'm sure there will be a lot of trial and error.

No comments: