Today has been a challenging day. Not just because Robbie is sick and I'm still having issues, but because my little angel of trouble has been pushing her limits. Today I have had many glimpses into my future with her... and frankly, I'm a bit scared.There have been numerous times today (off the top of my head, I can remember three) where Lyssie has done something she's not supposed to ~ play in an area of the yard that we have banned her from, thrown animals in the air that have hit me on the head, and hit her brother repeatedly for no apparent reason.
Robbie has been good natured about those that have been inflicted on him. Which is nice since much of her behavior (especially the throwing things up in the air) have been learned from him. I, on the other hand, am losing my patience.
I have reprimanded her at her level ~ she tries to hit me. I explain what she has done wrong, why it's wrong and what will happen if she does it again ~ she tries to kick me. I ask her if she understands ~ and she grins the most devilish grin and shakes her head no. I could just scream! Hitting, kicking and blatantly pushing my buttons are not okay... and that doesn't even include the initial infraction!
We haven't tried the time out with her yet. But it's coming as soon as I find a suitable chair for her. I figure a suitable chair would be one that has a high back so she can't see behind her, a three point harness strap (five might be even better as she has been known to easily escape the three point) and something that sends a slight electric shock. Okay, that last one probably is going a bit far... but really, we can't just use a normal chair or naughty mat with this one.
I seriously have my doubts that the chair will do anything. She's quite happy occupying herself in that little mind... I think she schemes. I don't want to close her in her room because I have dreams of her one day sleeping in it and I'd hate for that to be a place of punishment. Any other suggestions for this unruly little child I'm rearing?Suddenly I'm thinking I should have packed her up and sent her along with Nana when she threatened to take her. No, I'm joking... I love my little devil.
Photo is her ready to go home with Nana... she had her boots, her hat and her backpack. What more does a girl need?
No comments:
Post a Comment