Monday, February 11, 2008

Lyssie turned 2 today!

Although we didn't really celebrate her birthday today, Alyssa is now officially 2 years old! I'm not looking forward to this year. I'm sure she has a whole list of things planned for us to endure.

We celebrated her birthday on Saturday with a few of our friends. She had such a great time. It was fun to see her recognize that everyone was there for her and that it was her party. She glowed! It's not often that she's the center of attention. Even Robbie seemed to step back for a day and let her enjoy her 15 minutes of fame. You can check out a few of the photos in my flickr account (there is a link to the left).

Alyssa was sad to see her grandma leave today. For the five or so hours following, she kept asking me "where gammie?" I think a few months ago she was closer to saying Grandma. She has now shortened it to Gammie. I think it's cute. I'm not sure how my mom feels about it though.

So, Alyssa's first day of being two and her first stand was to continually remove one arm from her carseat belt. We asked her to put her arm back in and she'd respond with a firm - NO. The worse part, she looks you dead in the eyes and doesn't look away. Boy are we in for a fun year!

No comments: