Thursday, February 28, 2008

Coming out of Hibernation

This week began with a feeling like we were emerging from hibernation. On Monday, as I was warming the car to take the boys to school, I noticed that Robbie's crocus bulbs were beginning to emerge... and one was even blooming!

Over the weekend, when we were cleaning up the backyard, we found some pea pods that were starting to sprout. So, Robbie and I put them in a clear cup with some damp paper towels. We've been watching them emerge all week and hopefully this weekend, we can plant them in some soil.

And finally, the other day, Lyssie and I were doing some shopping while Robbie was at school and she fell in love with a Sesame Street fish tank at the pet store. I have to admit, this thing is tacky! But, I love Lyssie, I love her reaction to the silly thing and I'm thrilled that I finally get to explore an interest that's all her own. We set it up yesterday, I've been conditioning the water, and she and her daddy get to go fish shopping this weekend.
I'm not sure what it was that woke us up, but I feel like this family has been sleeping for the past few months. I think it might just be seeing the signs of Spring. I'm not sure if this current weather will be taking another turn for the worst, but we are enjoying it while we have it.

No comments: