I don't know who's more disappointed. Me or Robbie. Our teenage babysitter was supposed to come by today for a few hours and spend time with Robbie. It's part of getting into a routine with him. Monday's and Thursday's Karra comes by for 3 hours each day and spends time with Robbie, then Tuesday he plays with Nicolas, Wednesday and Friday's are open and Saturday is Soccer. But, since we started using Karra about a month ago, she's only made it 3 times. Granted, three of those days we were not in town... but she has not shown up once, and called to cancel twice. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Robbie looks forward to having someone (other than me) to play with. When it doesn't happen, he gets disappointed. I also plan for that time she's here so that I can work a little. When she doesn't show, I end up turning on the t.v. so I can get something done. I hate to use the t.v. as a babysitter, but what else can I do?
It's such a nice day outside. I was hoping Robbie would have the opportunity to play outside. Now we'll have to wait until this evening when it's okay for Alyssa to be out there. Right now, it's just too hot for her.
I don't handle disappointment well. And I think I handle it even worse when my son is disappointed also. It took me a long time to feel comfortable with the idea of a babysitter and now I think I need to come up with something else. It just isn't working for us.
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment