I love that phrase. Just hearing Robbie say that does make me feel a little better. Robbie is finally getting better while I seem to be only getting worse.
Last night I came home from work (coughing of course)... and Robbie turns to his daddy and says "we need to take momma to the doctor". And last night before Robbie went to bed he tried to give me my medicine. He says "here momma, this feel you better".
And the night before, when he was having nightmares in the middle of the night. He wanted to sleep in momma's bed. I told him that momma was sick and no one was sleeping in her bed. He pouted with his lower lip, looked at me with tears in his eyes and says "I take care of momma and feel you better". It broke my heart. I told him it wasn't his job to take care of his momma.
I don't want my son to be older than his age. He shouldn't have to take care of his momma. At the same time though, it is comforting knowing that he is worried about me and feels he can help.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment