It's been a while since my last entry... I've been in a bit of a funk - a little overwhelmed - very sick - and just generally, not in the mood to share. I also don't think I've had many thoughts worth sharing.
Yesterday has been my first day where I felt like I might want to join the rest of the world again. Robbie and I have both been recovering from the last several weeks. He has had pneumonia - which he is still fighting (we have a follow up appointment today). We don't know what I have, but it's given me the gift of a really terrible cough and it's sucking the little energy I had, out of me.
We are in the new house and it's a bit overwhelming for me. It's too big. I know that the last house was too small... but this one is too big. I have to clean this place and it's about two and a half times what the other one was in size. Not to mention I still have to unpack and go through what is in the garage... which is no small feat in itself. Luckily there is a bit of order to what's in the garage since Jean came to visit (thank you Jean!).
Aside from the terrible illness, Robbie has been doing great. We signed him up for soccer which he will be doing every Saturday with Kasey (provided he's in good health). He had a great time at the first one and we are sure we have a star on our hands... maybe not soccer... but he's going to be a star.
We also recently found out that he knows the words to God Bless America. He sings it frequently and makes us proud. The nurse at the doctor's office was impressed when he started singing it in the middle of his exam. I'm hoping to get it on tape... it'll be a great memory to look back on. Of course, he has a mind of his own, so catching him in the mood to sing it could prove to be difficult.
Well, hoping to try to fall asleep now. I'm due for my next cough drop which means I will have about a ten minute window to fall asleep. Wish me luck!
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment