It's driving me crazy. In the past 20 minutes that I have been posting pictures, I have had to settle two very dramatic situations between Robbie and his "sissy". See, lately, Robbie has become the police of proper behavior.
If we talk while we are eating, he tells us we don't talk while we are eating. Granted, we have only asked that he not talk with his mouth full, but this has become no talking at all while there is food on your plate.
If anyone bumps, brushes or touches Robbie, he quickly informs us that it's not very nice, to say we're sorry and if it was a big offense, we are sent to time out. This also carries over to Chewy. If she is running past him on the stairs and her tail happens to brush him, it's a federal offense and he flys off the handle. You know, between you an me, it's difficult to get a dog to say she's sorry.
This is close to what happened earlier. I sent him to get a Kleenex as I try to keep up with his running nose - and on the way Chewy decided to sniff his foot. All $%^& broke loose! Robbie started crying saying "Chewy eat my foot and that not berry nice, say your sorry". Of course, I am trying to keep things within reason and it's a little silly to make Chewy apologize (even if I could) for sniffing Robbie's foot. Normally we can explain things to Robbie and it may take some time, but he comes around to seeing the logic to our reason. This was not to happen this time. Soon he was in full hysterics demanding that I get mad at Chewy, make her apologize and go to time out for "eating his foot". Nothing good came out of all this... I never even got the Kleenex I had requested... and it's only 11:25 am. It's going to be a long day.
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment