I just wanted to share a few of Lyssie's drawings. This is her favorite thing to do and I end up tossing dozens of these beautiful pictures. I really need to come up with something to do with them all. These are the types of drawings she does when her brother isn't around (when he is around, she tends to mimic him). She uses both sides of the paper and sometimes I have a hard time figuring out which side is my favorite.

I like to think this one is of her and her brother... see, she started writing "brother" on it. She really just likes to practice her letters.

I love this one - maybe I'll call it "we are all connected". See how the people's arms are long and go around all the others?

These are some of my favorites - the ones with happy faces and stripes. She likes stripes. Notice, she is practicing her letters again. She likes to label her pictures because this is what Robbie always does as he continues to work on his spelling.

"stuck in a whirlpool"??? or perhaps it's a little leprechaun stuck inside a flower. Whatever it is - I think it's super cute.

This makes me happy. The use of her stripes again - the strawberry girl covered in dots... and the little fish. It's a masterpiece.

She's getting better about using more than one color in pictures now. But it depends on how in to her picture she is. Sometimes she's so focused that she can't be bothered with stopping to change pen color. I'm fairly certain she was happy this day.

Dinos! Yep, she loves them just as much as her brother. This is her drawing of dinos - notice the upside down character wearing glasses :)

I believe this was drawn after our
Chicka Chicka ABC Tea Party. I love to see her interpretation of things. It's tough with her having an older sibling as I feel sometimes she just mimics Robbie's personality. I think preschool next year will be good for her. She can explore her own ideas without her dominating brother.
3 comments:
Holy cow! Those are awesome! I am so impressed. Maybe you could just take pictures of them all and catalog them on a disc?
So talented-- not a surprise. It's in the DNA!
I've been wanting to do this, but haven't had time-- scan the art and then create a book in Shutterfly or Snapfish. I'm waiting for another book sale before I do that, though!
Laurel - I used Blurb to make a portfolio book for my shop and it came out awesome! I'll probably use them again as they also will convert your blog to a book.
Post a Comment