The other day, the kids and I were outside taking a few pictures for my Etsy shops. As I'm downloading them onto the computer and looking through the pictures, I always find myself a little sad to see how fast they are growing.
Robbie is now taking the bus to and from school. We were dropping him off in the morning, but he has decided he'd rather ride the bus with his friend. He's having a great time in school and it's fun to sit and listen to him recall his day. He's becoming more and more forthcoming with information which makes for a nice conversation rather than a grueling one. Currently, our only struggle with him is getting him off the computer or video games... but even this is getting easier and time goes by.
Alyssa is adjusting to her time alone with me while Robbie is at school. We have been keeping busy this week running errands during that time. We have also been reading books, cleaning my work area (which means she gets to play with buttons, fabric, yarn and more) and cooking. I'm sure as we spend more time one-on-one, she will begin finding more of her own interests. Currently, she follows Robbie's lead. She loves animals and dinosaurs!These two still get along well though. She has been putting Robbie in his place more and more often as he continues to try and boss her around. Of course, she is doing it with force by hitting or kicking, but maybe that's what it will take for Robbie to catch on. She is just like Robbie was. He would do something he wasn't supposed to, say "no, no, no, we don't do that" and then put himself in time out. Lyssie looks at me with the "so what?" look, apologizes to Robbie as she's walking away... and then will proceed to her room where she sits on her bed in time out. I don't think this is how "time out" is supposed to work.
Anyhow, I really am looking forward to a great school year. I still haven't done any work - but I'm sure it'll come. Right now, I'm just enjoying our family.
** The picture of Robbie holding a pear is a big deal. That is the single pear that has come from his pear tree. I bought the pear tree right before I had Robbie. We have brought it with us as we've moved. But it has never produced fruit until this year - this one pear. The pear tree is now not doing well. It is diseased and I may not be able to save it without having to spray it (which I won't do since the kid play in the soil). We might be replacing this tree in the fall. I'm just glad that it finally produced something. There was also a suckling that came up this year. I'm experimenting to see if I can get it to root - it seems healthy enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment