This is what Robbie says to Lyssie when he sits down to play with her this afternoon... and what does Lyssie do?"Okay, dis is da wader" - She puts a blue piece of felt on the floor between the pile of animals they have collected on the floor.
Kasey and I were talking the other day about how much Lyssie knows - no thanks to us. She knows her colors, her shapes and some letters. These are the things that we have recently discovered - who knows what else she knows. I'm sure it's because of the type of play she and her brother engage in. She follows his lead - and his lead is about making habitats for animals, dinosaurs living in the Cretaceous period or sorting items by shape, color, size, etc. I'm not sure, but I don't think this is what most two and half year olds are doing. Of course, I can't remember what we were doing with Robbie at this age.
I'm just glad that she has such a great brother. His lead in play is helping to offset her tendency toward mayhem. Just half an hour ago she had caused her brother to close himself in his room. This was a safe move on his part as Lyssie was on a tirade - and these often end in our little pint sized gem pummeling him until we pull her off.
No comments:
Post a Comment