Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pangea

It makes me happy to sit in our living room despite the chaos and mess. Robbie has his train set all over the floor and Lyssie's little people are scattered everywhere. Yet, I sit on the couch and I'm happy.

It's all because of our coffee tables. Well, they really aren't coffee tables. We took two end tables and put them together to make a coffee table. Or, as Robbie sees it... Pangea.

He asked me the other day if he could play dinos on the tables. Of course, I immediately tried to come up with all the reasons he'd think I wouldn't want him to do that. I couldn't come up with anything and said sure! He was so excited! Now, it seems from this story that I don't let him do much if he's getting excited about playing dinosaurs on a small table... but that's just Robbie.

But, I gave in and asked him why he was so excited. He said he was excited to play dinosaurs on Pangea! It all started to make sense. And it does drive me crazy when he splits the two tables apart because all I'm picturing is little fingers getting smashed. But now, with this new point of view, I just smile when I see the two tables slightly split.

It makes me smile that my son has found an interest that makes him so happy. One more quick story... the other day, I was flipping through on of our many sketch books laying around (it's an artistic family) and I flipped right to one of Robbie's sketches. It was of a boy (later to find out it was Robbie) and he had a thought bubble above his head. And in the thought bubble is a dinosaur. He's always thinking of dinosaurs.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

What an incredibly smart kid! Luckily, you provided the wikipedia link... otherwise, I don't know if I would have EVER remembered the term 'pangea.'