Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Difficult Time

We just returned from a spur of the moment trip to LA to visit my grandfather. I took both kids. My grandfather has fallen extremely ill and I wanted to be sure that I saw him one last time. I'm glad I made the trip. During a difficult time, I thought the kids did very well. It was a week of just waiting around.

I think what helped was that my kids love each other. I can't imagine what it would be like having two kids that don't get along. Especially in such a difficult, emotional situation.

We did take a brief break and go to Downtown Disney. Disney is the perfect escape.

I love my grandfather and I hate to see him in his current state. I just wish him peace of mind. And I'm glad that I had the chance to say goodbye.

No comments: