I already have my first New Years Resolution... go to the pumkin patch at least a week before Halloween so we can pick a pumpkin from a real pumkin patch.This was our second year of going to the pumpkin patch, searching for pumpkins, buying them from a grocery store. And even the grocery store has a poor selection two days before Halloween.
Anyhow, we still had a great time. Of course, I had too many photos to post on the blog, so to see more, visit my new flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/15704917@N08/sets/72157602795341449/)
We had a wide selection of rotted, smashed and green pumpkins. We didn't spend long in the pumpkin patch (not much to look at) before we moved on to the corn maze. This has become a bit of a tradition now after we took Robbie to his first one several years ago. He's always loved them and we love watching him navigate them and get dirty (knowing Robbie, I'm sure you can imagine what an oddity this is). We thought for sure Lyssie would have a great time. We geared them up with boots and set them free! Robbie got filthy... Lyssie just got upset. She kept getting stuck in the mud. About half way through she decided the best way through the maze was in her daddy arms eating kettle corn.
By the way, waiting for a few days before Halloween to go through the maze was also a bad idea. There were large patches where people had trampled all the corn down and there were more shortcut paths than cleared, actual paths. It took us five minutes into the maze before we decided the map was useless.
But good times! I look forward to doing it correctly next year. I also miss my camera. It broke while we were in San Jose. Thanks to my mom, she let me borrow her camera until we return in December. I'm hoping to get ours back soon. Kasey just needs to send it for repair. I am only mentioning this in hopes that it will help push him to actually do this. Afterall, it would be nice to use the warranty we bought.
No comments:
Post a Comment