Thursday, July 26, 2007

A happy childhood

Today brought back many childhood memories... good childhood memories. I was outside today with Alyssa, picking the peas that Robbie has grown and she began to try to eat one. So I opened the pea and she carefully removed each one and popped it in her mouth. She ate nearly 20 pea pods worth. She loves fresh peas! I can't really blame her, they are a little sweet when you pick them at just the right time.

Being out there with her and showing her how to harvest the food they've grown reminded me of my grandmother. She had the best green bean plants ever... and tons of them! I have fond memories of being out in their backyard picking beans by the buckets full. That's my memory, I'm not sure if that's how it really happened though. Anyhow, it made me proud that I was able to share a similar experience with my daughter.

I had a great childhood and I only hope that my kids have one equally as great.

Our pea picker. I was trying to get a picture of her face under that mop of hair.
The other pea picker. He was able to do it himself after his sister showed him what to do. By the way, if you ever have her for a teacher... just a warning, she's very impatient.
Quien es esa niña, who's that girl?
Señorita mas fina, who's that girl?
Someone should give that child a haircut! Her parents should be ashamed!

No comments: