Friday, December 09, 2005

War of the wills?

Okay it's really not much of a "war". I think Robbie knows that I don't have the energy to fight him. He has been ruling the house lately (to a degree) and I haven't been fighting.

For example, today I told him we need to go run some errands, so I needed him to get ready to go. His reply was "first we need to go to the train store so I can get a new train". Of course, this wasn't one of the errands, so I told him he needed to wait for Christmas to see if he gets a new train. His response? "then I not go, you go upstairs, my baby is not feeling well". Translation: We aren't going anywhere if we can't go to the train store and then he sent me to my room.

I don't have the energy to fight getting him into the car more than once, so we stay home. However, I didn't go to my room. As great as that sounds, I just can't let him win completely.

So, I spend another day trying to clean between my episodes of pure exhaustion while Robbie undoes anything I do. I just want to sleep.

Oh, we had our appointment yesterday (I have to go in every two weeks now... which is normal since I'm in my last two months). I did pass the glucose test to a degree, but I am borderline anemic which explains a little bit how tired I have been. Of course, getting iron is one of my errands, but I don't have the energy to fight Robbie. It's a vicious cycle.

They thought the baby was still breach (she has been for the past three ultra sounds), but after doing another quick one yesterday, she is getting much closer to the correct position, so as long as she continues in the right direction, I should be good to go.

Okay, getting a little spurt of "less tired", I think I'll tackle a dish or two. Bending over to put them in the dishwasher should tire me out after the first two or three!

No comments: