Monday, December 12, 2005

Decorating for Christmas

This has become something that Robbie now seems to look forward to... now that we are done. We spent all weekend getting the house ready. We hung decorations inside, we picked a tree and decorated it and Kasey hung lights on the house. Of course, during all this, Robbie was only partially involved... he always had other things he'd rather do.

Then this morning, while sitting at breakfast, we had or normal discussion about what we needed to do today and what he wanted to do today. His only request was to decorate for Christmas. I told him we already did that this past weekend. He said we needed to start over and do it again. Needless to say, we started the morning with Robbie disappointed because I refused to take everything off the tree only to put it all back on. I just didn't think that was a great use of my ever dwindling supply of energy.

We haven't really recovered. He's still fairly grumpy. But I'm trying to make the most of it. I'd like to get him out of the house as he is always happy when we are out doing things, but he refuses to leave willlingly.

Anyhow, thought I'd share some photos of our tree picking adventure. Last year we went out to cut a fresh tree from a tree farm. It was a huge disappointment. We ended up cold and muddy and treeless. We ended up buying the tree from Home Depot last year. So, this year, as I am trying to simplify everything we do, we decided to go straight to the precut trees. We found a nice tree farm in Woodinville near Kasey's work. When I had researched the place, it sounded like a farm, that brought in pre-cut trees, you could enjoy a hay ride (popular around here) and drink hot cider while the shook your tree and prepared it for the trip home. What we found instead was a real tree farm. Where you had the choice of either picking a precut tree or you could choose your own for under $30!

So, being optimists, we decided to give the tree cutting one more try and I'm glad we did. We found the perfect size tree for our new house... and Robbie got to get dirty! Perfect weather, beautiful trees... I love living in Washington!

No comments: