I haven't done an update in a long time on what she's up to... so here it goes;
- She is practicing her letters. She's getting better on naming them correctly as well. Robbie spends lots of time with her on this. She also writes her name which usually consists of a combination of i's, p's and q's... so something like "ipiiiqqp" - that's her name!

- loves to sing, dance and interact with the tv. Robbie was raised with very little tv in his early years... Lyssie, was not. I'm not exactly happy about this - but I have to remain sane and sometimes, it's the only way I can get a break. But what Lyssie does do that Robbie never did is she'll do what they want her to do... so when they say to sing along, she does; when they ask a question, she answers; and when they want her to dance along, she always obliges.
- Undresses herself. We are still working on the dressing. She can put her own socks and shoes on... and if we left it up to her, she would leave the house with just those on. I frequently find her throughout the day down to her diaper. She loves to shed clothes.
- She's not interested in potty training. Which is fine with me for now. But she does like to tell me when she's pooping - and she'll come get me when she's done. I suggest that she do it in the toilet like everyone else... but she says "no thank you".
- She's pretty good with a glue stick and she's working on mastering the scissors (when I arm her with them - this requires clearing all things cuttable within a 5 yard radius).

- Puzzles. Lyssie loves to do puzzles. She's not obsessive about them like Robbie was - but she can hold her own when putting together a puzzle. She is currently doing puzzles with 64 pieces or less. She doesn't have the attention span to do anything more than that.
- Running, jumping, climbing... you name it, she does it. She's one physical little girl. Again, complete opposite of her brother - she's love to get outside and run off steam. If she had her way, she'd spend all day outdoors (which is why we really need to fence the backyard).
- Unbelievable vocabulary and detailed thoughts. I think this is what blows me away the most. She has the most complex thoughts and she expresses them very well (when you can understand what she's saying). I don't remember Robbie being able to express himself as well as she does.
- And finally - we are finally moving into 24 month clothes! Yippee! Okay, they are a bit long and they do tend to fall if she takes too many steps without her tummy pushed out. But whatever, she can wear them. Yes, yes, yes... 18 month clothes still fit better. I've given up on weighing the tiny thing. I mean, what does it really matter? I'm sure they'll tell us at her annual check up in a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment