Saturday, November 29, 2008

What a great Thanksgiving we had!

Minus the illness that we all have. I had to cancel our friends coming over and put the family in quarantine over Thanksgiving weekend. But the kids chipped in and we all made a great Thanksgiving feast - one of our best I think. We are LOVING the leftovers!

So, here are some pictures from the day. We are on the upswing and I'm hoping to come out of this weekend with the worst of the sickness gone.

Lyssie mashing the Sweet Potatoes - she did a great job! Putting the pot in the sink was our best idea as it contained the mess and she was actually able to reach it. I've not tried it... but she was having trouble mashing with the pot nearly above her head.

RoBbie cutting the ends off the green beans. Lyssie helping by putting the ends into the garbage bowl and the bean into the pan. Team work!

Robbie signing our table cloth. I haven't brought this out in years (before Lyssie). I figured with family coming this Christmas it was time to finish off the embroidery and let Lyssie sign it for the first time.

Kasey carving the turkey. The turkey came out great - nice and moist. But the best part was the gravy from the drippings. Yummy!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I love the tablecloth idea and I don't think it's ever too late to start new traditions (or continue semi-forgotten ones). I hope you are all feeling much better!