Monday, September 19, 2005

Stay out of my bubble!

I have this problem. I don't like my personal space to be violated. I like my bubble... some days I feel it should be bigger than others, but I like my bubble of space and I like everyone around me to have their own. I respect theirs and they should respect mine.

So, again I received a comment on my blog... and again it was spam. It really frustrates me. I don't mind strangers reading what I have to say, but I do mind them leaving their trash in my personal space. A comment that pertains to a comment I made is fine... but leaving information that I didn't solicit on topics I don't care about is, again, like crapping in my yard.

It seems that common courtesy no longer exists. Just the other night I received a call from Sears at 8:30 at night. This bothered me. Not only is that around the time Robbie goes to sleep, but it's often around the time that I go to sleep. I told the lady on the other line of the phone, before she could tell me why she was calling, that it was too late to be calling my house and that she'd have to call another time. I wasn't rude, at least that wasn't my intention, but I was direct. Perhaps she doesn't know what's appropriate and what's not. I think it's appropriate for telemarketers to call between the hours of 9:30 am and 7:30 pm. That doesn't mean that I like to get these calls, honestly I don't normally answer them, but between those hours most people should be awake and they shouldn't be interferring too much with bedtime routines.

What isn't appropriate is for telemarketers to call cell phones. That is personal space. It's unbelievable that in order to stop these calls, you have to register your number on a "do not call list". I think if you have to pay for an incoming call, that number shouldn't be public information.

Email spam... I guess I ask for that. I like to buy things online. It's easier for me. I don't have to get Robbie in and out of the car. I can still do things when I'm stuck in bed... so I don't have a problem deleting a few unwanted emails. But my blog is off limits for spam as it should be on all blogs. You want to send us spam? Send it to the contact email so it ends up in our box, not posted in our personal space. I don't like spammers and I wish they would just use a little common courtesy. Just stop - I won't buy things from anyone that offends me.

No comments: