Friday, June 06, 2008

Flightless birds and other random thoughts

Have you seen the new Washington State Lottery bird commercial? I love it! It's just a bunch of film showing a group of men taking various flightless birds hang gliding. They strap them onto their front side. What a great commercial. I hope everyone gets to see it. I couldn't find it on YouTube though. Bummer!

On another note - the other day when I was driving home from dropping the boys off at school... Lyssie was chatting away in the back. We were having a conversation about lunch (she calls all meals dinner). She was trying to convince me to get her a "hammie" (McDonald's Cheese Burger)... then she was pointing at all the restaurants that we passed, saying "eat dinner dare". Finally I started giving her several choices of things I could make at home. She agreed to a quesadilla... so I said "Yee Haw - let's go home and have a quesadilla!" She just said "no momma... dat not hee haw". Apparently, I didn't use it correctly in a sentence. I learn new things everyday from my kids.

I also found out today that Robbie has had a marshmallow fight at school. This happened some time back and he never shared it with me. But upon asking him, he was more than willing to talk about it. It's one of the few things that I am actually very happy that the school did. How fun that must have been! Makes me want to have one myself. Of course... I'd have to clean it up... so I'm not sure it'll be something we are going to do. But I'll add it to my Bucket List.

We also watched a marathon Meerkat Manor today... and I feel for poor Flower... and Mozart. What a tough life Meerkats live. Makes me that much happier to be me :)

1 comment:

Qarin said...

Hi. Random blogfinder- I was searching for this same ad, to show friends in California, and came across your blog entry.

I found the video online here:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/550527/

:)